Although this is not sponsored by iWriteNetwork, you are the first people we thought of to invite!
Here are the deets:
• Genre: Contemporary Romance (Sorry, no YA and it has to be clean)
• Theme: Hidden Identity (of a main character)
• Size: 10,000-15,000 words
• Purpose: Getting your name out there. If the anthology makes a little money, it will be used first for advertising to spread the contributors' names through ebook-dom. Beyond that, the proceeds will be returned to the contributors to defray their cost for producing the novelette they submitted.
• Scope of Project: Novelettes will be included in the anthology for 3 years from publication date. After 90 days of the anthology's publication date, novelettes can be published by the contributing authors in other mediums.
• Submitted works must be original and not already published in some form somewhere.
How do you get involved?
• Letter of Interest: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your synopsis and first page, embedded in the email.
• Story synopsis and 1st page are due October 1, 2014
• Submissions accepted will be notified by October 15, 2014
• Full drafts due for critique on January 15, 2015
• Return all critiques to contributing authors by February 1, 2015
• Complete revisions and edits on your story from the critiques returned to you on Feb. 1st, too
• Have (you pay for) a professional line-edit completed on your story by February 28, 2015
• Submit author bio and back cover blurb for your story with your finished story on Feb. 28, 2015
• Meet deadlines
• $20.00 upfront for marketing, This will be paid back as funds become available from book sales.
• Critique all works accepted for publication, and you will receive critiques from all authors for your submission, too!
• Submit your story to critiquers and for final submission in Word doc or docx using 1" margins, 12pt Times New Roman font.